Monday, January 24, 2011

We have a house, & it's being painted!

Goodness I need to catch up! Here's a quick recap since last Wednesday:

1. We bought a house! We closed last Wednesday.
2. We bought a LOT of paint at Lowe's on Thursday - & have been back to Lowe's many times since.
3. On Friday, mom & dad came to town to lend their cleaning, wall taping, & painting skills. On Friday night, we washed walls & taped them to prepare for painting on Saturday!
4. On Saturday, the painting commenced. We finished the master BR on Saturday. The kitchen became a lengthy project - the previous owners had textured the kitchen walls, so we had to sand them then prime them before we could paint. Then we put one coat on the dining room.
5. On Sunday, Todd had to work but mom, dad, & I got a lot accomplished! Dad completed the kitchen, & mom & I completed the foyer & the laundry room. Mom had to go home, but dad's here through Wednesday!

This morning, Todd & dad will finish the dining room then move on to our master BA. The living room is the big project - higher ceilings & a much bigger room. That will be the afternoon-Tuesday project.

We are excited! I don't have all my pictures downloaded, but I've included a few I took on my phone. A work in progress - but I couldn't be happier. :)


Our house!


Dining room

Master BR (dark grey)

Kitchen

Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment