Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 week away! And "thank you" in advance.

In one week, we'll close on our happy little house in Apex! I couldn't be more thrilled (neither could Todd - he just doesn't show it as much as I do). I love Apex & I love that house - but more than anything, I love that we're finally settling & putting down roots somewhere. And after the transition of the past year & the early moments when I wasn't sure what we'd done was right, I'm truly thankful that "somewhere" is here. :)

We'll have our townhouse till February 28, so we're going to take a week to paint then move bit by bit. I think February 12 will be our big moving day! I already know this will be one of those times when "thank you" is never enough for all the people who will give of their time, talents, skills, & muscles to help us. My dad is taking time off from work & will spend almost a week with us helping (errr, doing a lot of) the painting. Then Todd's mom & aunt will be in town to help with projects & packing. Then our amazing church friends & family will help us with the hoisting, lifting, & transporting. And my mom & Todd's mom will be back in town bringing the last few things we left in Orangeburg - a china cabinet, & the baby grand piano! (A side note, we crossed many houses off our list because that baby grand piano would not fit. Fingers crossed that the measurements are true & the intended corner for the piano will work!) And then, after it all, we'll be settled in our house & will make it our home.

So "THANK YOU!" in advance to so many people for all that you'll do for us in the coming weeks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment